—FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE —
DETROIT, MI – June 3, 2022 — Since Italy has dropped all COVID travel requirements for American tourists this week, top Catholic Talk Show host and T’s Italy Founder, Teresa Tomeo, is holding that door open, welcoming a group of US pilgrims to “Bella Italia” this fall.
Building on her 30+ years as a veteran journalist, Catholic syndicated talk show host and best-selling author, Tomeo has combined her faith with her experience in Italy travel with nearly 60 visits to Italy, to launch T’s Italy Pilgrimages where she will lead pilgrims to connect their faith with “the sweet life” of Italy. Tomeo says, “No restrictions, a fabulous price—two important reasons to finally make that dream of visiting one of the most beautiful countries in the world, a reality. We’re responding to Italy’s open doors with an Italy trip of a lifetime, 7 nights in Italy, including extended stays in Assisi, Orvieto, Rome, with special stops in several breath-taking hill towns of Umbria and Lazio. I’m so excited to bring long waited U.S. Travelers on this premiere T’s Italy pilgrimage ‘Living La Dolce Fide: The Sweet Life of Faith,’ taking place November 4-16, 2022.”
“Italy has so much to offer in addition to the magnificent major cities, religious sights, off the charts food and wine, not to mention incredible history everywhere one turns. It is the way of life, however, interspersed with a deep spirituality and a love of the diverse landscape and culture that so many Italy tourists don’t experience as they’re running from one stop to the next. This is what makes travel with T’s Italy so special,” Tomeo said. “We help them to embrace, ‘la dolce vita’–the sweet life of Italy. This premiere pilgrimage takes that to the next level, infusing faith “fide” with all the other beauty that Italy offers, which will give them an authentic ‘taste’ of the true Italy, including dining and experiences in some of the most highly rated restaurants and wineries.”
Tomeo continued, “This pilgrimage offers both sites off the beaten path, yet also on the main highways and byways, so to speak, allowing pilgrims to see some of the most famous sights and some incredible places rarely seen on Italy itineraries. The pilgrimage will visit Greccio where St. Francis established the first nativity scene, and a day in lovely Viterbo where St. Thomas Aquinas preached and where the first papal conclave was held.”
Tomeo has traveled to Italy 5 times in the past 11 months and shared her excitement and invited pilgrims via video while in Viterbo a few weeks ago while on a trip to Italy where she was invited to attend a VIP Reception at the Vatican Museums.
Tomeo is available for interviews and can speak on the following topics:
- Vaccine Mandate Recently Dropped in Italy – Now Open for Americans to go on Pilgrimage and Travel to Italy & The Vatican – Since the vaccine mandates were recently dropped for Americans to travel to Italy and the Vatican, Teresa has launched T’s Italy Pilgrimages – helping Catholics to embrace their faith in a whole new way through travel to Italy.
- How Pilgrimages Build up the Body of Christ – T’s Italy Pilgrimages encourage and foster new faith-based friendships. Many of our pilgrims’ regular fellowship and visit fellow Catholics they meet on their trips. Pilgrims gain so much from cultivating Christian fellowship with those of similar faith and values.
- Helping to Rekindle and Spread the Joy of the Lord through Fun, Food, and Fellowship – Teresa Tomeo will share endearing stories of Italy infusing faith with fun. Pilgrims experience a “La Dolce Vita” (Sweetness of Life) in Italy tasting the various flavors in Italy including Pizza, Wine, Pasta, as well as hearing and singing beautiful Italian music and songs among the majestic scenery and Italy countryside. In this negative news cycle we all can use and benefit from a lot more “joy.”
- The Importance of Spreading True Devotion to the Eucharist through the Media – In addition to walking in the Footsteps of St. Francis of Assisi, the T’s Italy pilgrims will also spend time in prayer at the tomb of Blessed Carlos Acutis in Assisi, who helped spread the True Devotion to the Eucharist by means of the Internet. Blessed Acutis is called the “Internet Saint.” Teresa can discuss how powerful the media can be when spreading the faith and Truth.
- Embracing True Beauty & Dignity of the Human Person – Body and Soul through Pilgrimage Travel – The importance of how a pilgrimage encapsulates and embraces the dignity of the human person by using all of our senses to capture the true beauty of the earth, religious art, lives of the saints, Church history, and our Catholic faith.
- The First Nativity Scene by St. Francis of Assisi – T’s Italy Pilgrims will experience visiting Greccio, Italy in November – just before Advent – at the site of the home of the very first Nativity “Crèche” Scene founded by St. Francis of Assisi. This live nativity scene is by which all Christmas Nativity scenes are based.
Media Contact: Gail Coniglio
or (954) 740-3261
About T’s Italy Whether this is your first time to Italy or you have been there 20 times, I can help offer expert advice for you make the most of your time in the country. I provide personalized attention and travel consultation for each person’s travel needs. I don’t offer “cookie-cutter” packages. Everyone’s traveling to Italy for a different reason. I offer consultation services for all types of travelers – young or old – and for both the experienced Italy traveler, or for those that are going to Italy for the first time. With insights from more than 60 visits to Italy, I can help you with insider tips for where to eat, stay, shop, pray, & play. Complete a T’s Italy Questionnaire and I can make your trip to Italy a trip of a lifetime.
About T’s Italy Founder, Teresa Tomeo Over the past two decades, Teresa Tomeo has explored almost every region in Italy and has led pilgrimages and tours to Italy over 50 times. Having served as a journalist for 30+ years, Teresa has covered numerous assignments, including the canonization of several new saints in Rome. This gave her a unique understanding of how to navigate the Eternal City, whether one is traveling there as a tourist or a pilgrim interested in a Papal audience. As an experienced journalist, every time she goes to Italy she uncovers something new, explores the roots and history behind the beautiful Italian culture, food, architecture, art, music, faith and more. Teresa was a long time field reporter in Detroit, and has been a successful syndicated radio and television talk show host for years. She has been featured on The O’Reilly Factor, Fox News, Fox & Friends, MSNBC, The Dr. Laura Show, and Dr. James Dobson’s Family Talk Radio, discussing issues of faith, and media awareness, especially as it relates to the culture. Her weekday morning radio program Catholic Connection is produced by Ave Maria Radio in Ann Arbor, Michigan and is now heard on over 500 radio stations worldwide, and on the internet through the Eternal Word Radio Network. She was selected as an international delegate at the Vatican Women’s Congress in Rome, On the Dignity and Vocation of Women. Teresa also spoke at the Vatican for the Pontifical Council for the Family in 2013. Teresa owns her own speaking and communications company, Teresa Tomeo Communications, LLC. Teresa and her husband, Deacon Dominick Pastore, live in Michigan and both F.B.I.’s, (full blooded Italians). They lead retreats and pilgrimages to Italy and other amazing destinations around the world. To learn more about Teresa Tomeo and her work as a syndicated talk show host, visit her personal web site at TeresaTomeo.com.
# # #